Without a doubt - we do not ever feed our dogs kibble, we rarely feed commercial dog food and when we do it's always freeze dried raw organic and grain free, and not made in China (sorry China, just don't want to take the risk).
- 1 scoop of some kind of freeze dried raw Force (chicken) or Zeal (fish- good for the brain) or Love (beef based) or Preference (vegetarian) (follow prep instructions on the box - the kind also depends on the condition we are dealing with - Max gets lots of fish b/c of the Omegas and we're dealing with a neurological issue and we alternate out with the chicken, all veggies and beef and home cooking. This is also good for adding the chinese herbs / powders to and mixing in
- Grilled unseasoned organic chicken or wild caught salmon (just throw it on the grill - if your vet prefers and your dog does well with raw - you can do that - Personally I get grossed out by it so it's cooked at our house
- A scoop of organic pumpkin puree (great for hiding pills in)
- Tumeric (anti-inflamatory & anti-oxidant)
- Milk Thistle (helps to keep liver function strong and clear out toxins)
- Astragalus (we used a different form for Buster with his lung issues) - immune system booster and there have been some studies at NIH that it helps prevent cancer and may help combat certain cancers
- CoQ10 -( anti-oxidant)
- In Max's Case with the Meningiomas we are using 3 types of Chinese herbs:
- Stasis of the Mansion of the Mind (breaks through the blood brain barrier can help carry medications taken with it directly to the brain - that's the theory anyway & helps break up and flush out tumors
- Di Tan Tang - anti-seizure properties
- Wei Qi Booster - helps keep the flow of Qi (pronounced "Chi") - or energy - or blood flow depending on how you loo at it - but it's really energy (neurons, electrons, etc.. ) flowing smoothly.
- For Max we found that Resvantage Canine seems to be working really well for him. This is a potent anti-oxidant product and it may not work well for other dogs - so its important to check with your vet. Studies had not been done that I could find, on meningiomas with Resvantage, but one of our other dogs has been taking it for a grade 3 heart murmur and she's been doing really well with it and it helped her coat - and Max was having issues with dry skin and a dull coat after we tried PolyMVA with him .
He is also still getting 150mg of keppra 1-2 times / day and still seizure free.
Below are some more foods, Max likes.. (again all dogs are different - where chicken may be good for one dog - another may be allergic so you may want to try beef, or salmon.. and all diseases work differently too - For lung issues and pneumonias - you may want to try chicken because it is known as a drying food in Traditional Chinese Medicine (You'll have to read up on warm, cold, hot, damp, dry foods within Traditional Chinese medicine to learn more.. I'm still working on understanding this myself! I do have a chart I can send you if you are interested in learning what foods are what)
|Tasty huh? Max thinks so!|
|More of Max's favorite foods|