Thursday, November 3, 2011

Max has been very sleepy ... I mean VERY sleepy, especially until about Dinner time.. and then he's bouncing everywhere.  We don't know exactly what's going on in his head, but I've seen him get a little wobbly - like he's drunk, but his eyes aren't spinning, but when he sleeps he's been sleeping deeply. His hearing seems to be back - when he's awake!  Yesterday at the vet, I had him off leash in the parking lot and he decided to keep walking down the side walk towards the field. He got about 75 yards from me and I called him and he turned around, so I think his hearing is working pretty well.  His eye looks a little better. He is starting to produce his own tears and it is back to looking more glassy with the moisture in there, but under there's still some gunk going on. He goes back in a couple of weeks to get re-checked. It's not even been a week since he was at the eye doctor so I guess we are happy that his eye is looking better. This morning it just looked very cloudy. He has been rubbing at it.  The indentation in his forehead above his right eye seems to be doing better as well. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks from his last cyberknife treatment or 1 month and 1 week... I can't wait until it's many months!  and then years!

Yesterday we had a visit from a big hound dog named Summer who is a 9 month old puppy! She ran in the front yard with #2 and Max came out to say hi. They sniffed each other pretty well.. I mentioned that Max probably smells like prednisone a bit and turned out Summer was on it too for another issue - maybe they were happy to smell someone who smells like them. Anyway - Max just sat on the Stoop and Summer came up to check on him. He told her the rules, because he's always been known as the "Fun Police" and she listened! Pretty good for a puppy huh?!

Speaking of Smells, Max's mouth smells like sewage. I know in Chinese Medicine different odors coming from the body indicate different diseases and illnesses.. I dont think this is the same kidney or liver smell our golden had (It doesn't smell like kidneys or liver - but a kind of foul stink, but I'm thinking we may want to run some blood work to double check. He's been through a lot and you never know what his systems are doing.

The other thing I noticed was he has some dark pigmentation on his back ankles where they shaved him for his catheter. It almost looks like dirty skin  -not sure it's bruising, but it suddenly appeared yesterday. I noticed while were were visiting Dr. Lord and she had another vet from DC with her who so he had 2 vets look at it and they didn't think it was much, but it's different and has me concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment