Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mighty Max - the chocoholic

Just a few days ago Mighty Max decided that he had a craving for Chocolate.. He had apparently been carefully formulating his plan to assuage his chocolate cravings.  I had run next door to a neighbor's house for a few minutes and when I came back, the Mighty Max had managed to climb up on my office chair, then up on my office desk, and walk around my computer monitor, knocking a few stacks of papers that were in his way on to the floor, where he was able to reach the box of Trader Joe's chocolates.  Like most people with chocolate cravings, the Mighty Max had apparently pulled out the map that comes with the box of chocolates, describing what was inside of each chocolate and started to consume... He tossed the little brown wrappers on the floor, along with all of the scattered resumes that I had been reviewing.  When I got home and went to my desk and discovered the little mess, the Mighty Max walked over to me like he hadn't been there since I left the house! (although he was smacking his lips.)  I called one of our vets and the neurologist's office and they both said to get him to the hospital ASAP  - They needed to induce vomiting.. (I had peroxide and milk and Sub Q-fluids at home and could have done it here but they wanted to make sure he was ok)... Long story short, the Mighty Max is doing just fine but for a few days he was pretty slow and groggy. His eye was droppy again and and I was worried that the chocolate might have taken him back a bit - or perhaps it was the extra large amount of sugar he ate... sugar is no good for the c word or tumors..   I was actually composing an email to his neurologist yesterday asking if we should bring him in. Mighty Max had just had a really good neuro check up a few days before, while I was writing that email, a critter ran through the back yard... #2 heard it and tore out the back door and ran down into the woods, quickly followed by Buttercup and then to my surprise Max jumped up and raced out the back door, flew off the back steps (seriously - he took a flying leap and skipped all 4 steps!) and navigated his way down the hill and into the woods to tree a squirrel!  He was out there wagging his tail as hard as he could and jumping an barking!  I wished so badly I had caught that on film! I kept watching him to make sure I didn't see him get wobbly or stop and freeze in his tracks (a sign he may have over done it) but he didn't!  He started sniffing around when he realized the squirrel wasn't coming down and explored a bit and then wandered back in the house.  A little while later though (with my camera ready just in case it happened again, I caught the Mighty Max in the following video.. (One of the dogs across the ravine was sounding the alert and the dogs ran outside to see what they were saying - apparently just a conversation.. no big news! - I love how all the dogs in the neighborhood talk to each other!)

 

(Note: The tree max runs under is a holly tree and the leaves are very sharp)

No comments:

Post a Comment