Thursday, November 29, 2012

Sit ups

Thanks to our AMAZING Pet Sitter, I got to take a 5 day vacation over the holiday.  She kept up Max's workout schedule and a few days ago I got a text that Max was sitting up like a normal dog!!!  When I got home last night, the whole gang came to greet me and Max was hanging out on the couch with Amanda.  I wasn't sure if he was going to recognize me or not, but he started kicking and pushing himself up when I came over and pet him!!!


His eye is looking much better too.  She has him eating 4 meals a day and he was getting plenty of fluids as well.   I think I need to adjust his cart so he's a little higher now. He did develop a blister in his inner thigh from wheeling around and kicking in his cart so much but it looks like he's ready to do some more work on sitting up on his own!!! So the next plan is working on sitting up, staying up and then moving into a standing position... it'll be a while but he's starting to regain more and more control of his body!  His eyes are also starting to track more and more and Amanda said he's enjoying sitting in the window and watching the other dogs play outside..  This morning when I was feeding him and Rex and #2 came in and started making noises he actually turned his head to look at them!

No comments:

Post a Comment