Thursday, October 13, 2011

10-13-11 Seems to be Totally back to normal!

Today is Thursday 10-13-11, not even 2 full weeks after Max finished his cyberknife treatments and he appears to be totally back to normal! I woke up this morning to Max in his dog bed next to me watching me sleep like he used to!

He spent the entire night there!  Since we've been home he's been sleeping out in the hall by himself, which is totally not like him. He has always been the dog who would never let me out of his sight!

He did get up 3 times last night to go out, but made sure he woke me up to let him out each time. Both eyes are very clear! He even jumped over his brother Buster who was snoring in the middle of the floor to get out of the bedroom!

This morning he actually ate some dog food (not that we normally feed him dog food, but it makes it a whole lot easier to get his pills down with mushy dog food.  He actually was excited about it! 

 Once I slipped his milkthistle and astragalus capsules in his dog food he became a little more leary of it... He ate one capsule but not the other and I can't tell which so I'll have to try again. I definitely am beginning to think his lack of appetite may have been him not wanting to feel drunk with the anti-seizure medication.

After he finished his breakfast he went and did his rounds trying to steal everyone else's food. I did catch him chowing on Rex's raw food.. not so sure I want Max eating raw yet.. maybe when he's completely off the prednisone and his immunity is
back to normal, but it's good to see he's interested in it again!

Last night he even snuggled up with Buttercup (his sister) and lay down with his head on my foot, he's interacting more and more with everyone!

When he went potty after breakfast he decided he was going to be super man and ran and skipped a step coming back up into the house... He's definitely MUCH more stable on his feet. I don't see any unsteadiness or wobbling any more! No twitching, no head tilting, no leaning, no circling and his eyes are both blinking at the same time!  I LOVE IT!  I'm very hopeful he keeps improving from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment