Thursday, July 19, 2012

Out of the Comfort Zone

You know how they say you have to put yourself in situations where you get out of your comfort zone to test your limits and push yourself?  Well... It works for Max!

This morning was a very rare morning for Max.  Despite his situation, I can can't how many accidents he's had on 1 hand... but this morning I woke up at 5am and he had tinkled in his bed so I cleaned him up, put down new pee pads, just in case and as soon as I lay him down.. he went again!  Being that it was 5am.. I wasn't really in the mood to go through the whole sponge bath thing again, so I carried him into the bathroom, filled the tub up about 1 inch at the deepest part and lay him in there (non-feeding tube side down of course) and held his head up and washed him.

Let me just say, Max has ALWAYS HATED.. HATED ...Hated... being in the water.. He'll run and play on the shore of the beach and maybe get his feet wet on a really hot day, but he'll run from the waves.. He was less than thrilled to be in the tub. Those arms and legs were kicking and pushing and he even lifted his head up and held it up on his own, higher than my hands were holding it up. He wanted out and was making no bones about what he wanted!

Anyway - he's clean now.. The thing he hates next to water is the hair dryer and he got a good dose of that this morning too... 

We may need to give him another bath as part of his therapy if that's how he responds!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment